Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language
Get Thee to a Punnery proves that the pun is mightier than the sword . . . and here are sidesplitting puns of every color, stripe and persuasion to suit every whim. Even if you don't know that your humerus is your funny bone, this is the book for you.
The Time of the Signs:
- On a diaper service truck: Rock a dry baby.
- On a plumber's service truck: A flush is better than a full house.
- Show me where Stalin is buried and I'll show you a communist plot! -Edgar Bergen
- Quiche me-I'm French!
- Hangover-the wrath of grapes
- Work is the ruin of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde