Northern Traditional Dance Staff
This beautifully handmade staff would be carried by the War Chief from the Warrior Society. It would also be used as a Flag Stick.
“This who we are, this our belief, it our flag of the Abenaki”.
- 14 goose feathers (look like bald eagle)
- 14,000 green & yellow seed beads
- Stick wrapped in deer skin with glass tile beads
- 3 point antler from North American deer
- 7 stripes stand for the 7 thunder beings
- North American otter winter for stand for the 12 main Abenaki villages, Odanak being Bob’s home
- Just over 4 feet in length
Made By Artist Bob Charlebois, Odanak Village